Integrative medicine is a practical strategy that addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental influences affected by a person’s health. This approach integrates Western scientific medicine with an understanding of the nature of illness, healing and wellness. By examining and treating the whole person, the immediate needs and long-term effects can be addressed and enhanced.
- Uses conventional and traditional streams of care to maximize the body’s ability to heal.
- Is a healing process – which the practitioner and patient are both partners in the healing process.
- Addresses the whole person – body, mind and spirit.
- Used to facilitate the body’s healing response.
- Is an individualized healing process that addresses each person’s unique concerns and needs.
- Promotes the concept of health and wellness, health promotion and the prevention of illness.
- Includes modalities such as acupuncture, manual therapies, relaxation, Traditional Chinese Medicine, nutrition and dietary approaches.
At Humber Family Chiropractic, Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre our Naturopathic Doctors, and other health care professionals address individual patient challenges by providing techniques and therapies that complement conventional Western medicine. These techniques include Naturopathic Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine to reduce stress and promote the body’s natural ability to heal.
To learn more about incorporating integrative medicine into your healthcare, contact the Humber Family Chiropractic, Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre today at 416-744-7900.